NZICT Strategy Summary 2012
A prosperous New Zealand led by a vibrant technology industry.
We help New Zealand technology businesses to succeed by encouraging talent, increasing knowledge, creating connections and influencing policy.
Core strategic values:
- Growing skills and talent for a strong future
- Supporting business growth and export capabilities
- Creating a vibrant future with government
2012 programmes of work
Growing skills and talent for a strong future
A focus on developing women in the industry with the following support activities:
- Women's networking events and the creation of a Women Tech Execs action group for Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch regions with the purpose of growing networks and creating sub-programmes to influence and encourage women into careers in the technology industry.
- Working with the Computer Clubhouse to support initiatives to support young girls working with various forms of technology (digital, creative, film, etc.) with the goal of producing mini-documentaries at year end.
- Creating of an Education Industry Advisory Group to work with universities, polytechnics and training institutes to better align educational inputs with desired industry outcomes.
Supporting business growth and export capabilities
The key programmes of work and initiatives for 2012 include;
- Mission trips, in conjunction with government agencies and businesses, to export markets with the purpose of facilitating media exposure, working with NZ based tech companies to gain exposure and influence foreign companies to work with NZ businesses
- Creating an industry definition for the tech vertical of NZ that is universally accepted and includes financial data and other segmentation information within the tech industry
- Hosting and facilitating workshops and events that are impactful and useful to members
Creating a vibrant future with government
The key programme of work is around building stronger relationships and alignment with government:
- Procurement and relationship workshops with key central and local government officials on a quarterly basis.
- Working with various other agencies and groups both within NZ and abroad to ensure that the relevant interests of NZ ICT and tech organisations are adequately represented.
- Facilitating opportunities for NZICT members to meet with or hear directly from senior government officials.
- Ensure that NZICT is the go to organisation for policy consultation on issues affecting the sector.
If you have any questions regarding the 2012 NZICT Strategy Summary, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the links below for copies of our previous years strategy summary